Monday, July 22, 2013

D.I.Y. Upholstered Wall Treatments



I tend to be a big D.I.Y.er when it comes to furniture rehabbing. There are a lot of really easy and inexpensive ways to inexpensively create one-of-a-kind pieces for your home. One recent venture was to make a wall panel installation for the wall behind my sofa. It was super easy and so I wanted to share instructions for those who have requested them after seeing my project pictures on Facebook.

Materials:
-12" x 12" Canvas' (Buy @ Michael's in Value Pack)
- Staple Gun
- Staples
- Pencil
- Exact-o Knife
- Fabric (I used fabric that I had covered an ottoman with that complimented the color of my green sofa)

Instructions:
1. Place fabric printed side down on the ground. Place the framed canvas facing down on the fabric. use the Exact-o knife to cut the fabric in a square shape 16" x 16"
2. At the corners of the square cut slits 1" long to keep fabric from bunching in the corners.
3. Staple fabric to the wood frame doing the 4 sides first and then fold the corners neatly and staple. (make sure you are pulling the fabric so there are no wrinkles, but not so tight that your pattern is stretching)
4. Once you have your canvas' recovered you can iron and hang them anyway you like on the wall. This is how I patterned mine:

 
I will be posting how to turn an old coffee table into an upholstered ottoman in the near future! Here is what the finished product looks like though:
 
 
xOxO - M
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment