Monday, June 10, 2013

Magic Trick - Corn


When I discovered this magic corn cooking trick I simply couldn't keep it to myself! I was ecstatic  because there is next to no cleanup, I don't have to spend time trying to get the silk off of the corn, and the overall cook time is shorter. (additional bonus: This doesn't boil all of the nutrients out of the corn.)

Are you ready for this? Check it out:



1. Remove the outer husks that might be a little dirty.


2. Cut the bottoms off of the stalks. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. (That would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.)


3. Place a damp paper towel on the bottom of the microwave.

4. Use this guide for your cook time. Cook times can vary a little.

1 ear: 2 mins.
2 ears: 3 to 4 mins.
3 ears: 5 to 6 mins.
4 ears: 7 to 8 mins.
6 ears: 8 to 9 mins.

5. After cooking, let the corn sit about 2 minutes.


6. Pick up corn by the top (oven mits are your friend here) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should slide right out clean of any silk or husk.


Chew on that! (I'm available for birthdays and weddings)

xOxO - M

No comments:

Post a Comment